Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-15-2024, 01:21 PM   #801  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Wow! That would scare me! Are they poisonous?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2024, 08:03 AM   #802  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,318 Likes on 1,388 Posts

Good morning! How is everyone this lovely morning? I'm hoping the weather guessers are correct because, if so, yesterday was the warmest day for this week and we should cool off a little now. We are counting down the days until DD1 gets home from her trip - she is scheduled to arrive home at 10:00 pm Sunday evening. DD2 can't wait.

Kathy, I don't know if all scorpions are poisonous or not. I just asked google and it says that all scorpions have venom but only 25 of the 1,750 species are lethal to humans. And none of those species are native to the US. Of course, I also see a variety of numbers for the number of species. At any rate, I would never pick one up with my bare hands like I did. I was still waking up and thought it was a piece of lint or wood debris and was putting it in the trash. Needless to say, I woke up quite quickly at that point!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2024, 08:43 AM   #803  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,789 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Hello all. Sounds like everyone had a nice Mother's Day.
I don't think we have scorpions in WI, thank goodness. We really don't have a lot of critters that are venomous, although I guess we have rattle snakes and maybe other poisonous snakes. And those brown recluse spiders. One time, long ago, when I got up one morning, I went to get a drink of water in the kitchen and there was a centipede in the glass. Yes, it went into my mouth. Boy did it go out quickly. Note to self: check the glass before drinking, especially early in the morning.
Now that I've made you all gag...I went to the art group yesterday. Holy cats, the drawings they create in a very short time. I felt a little intimidated yesterday. They're very nice and friendly but they've known each other so long, it's hard to be part of the conversation. I'll continue to truck along with my doodles.
Catherine, that is a pretty quick trip your daughter took. Such wonderful memories for her, I hope.
Shelly, I hope you continue to improve. Sounds a lot like what I had about 10 years ago. I was given one dose of Prednisone, it did help for a time.
I'm listening to a mourning dove....I think they're my favorite birds. Such soft colors of feathers, they're kind of clunky and slow, make a fun sound when they fly away. They remind me of being at my Grandma's house.
Yesterday, before the art group, I shopped at Kroner's Hardware Store. It's an old store that has been in the same family for a very long time. It's not very big but boy is it packed with a lot of stuff. You can buy a rolling pin or a tricycle or a bird house or address numbers or pie pans or cast iron skillets or fishing lures or paint or Mrs. Meyer's soap (I wish my Mom had been that Mrs. Meyer, whoo boy) or art supplies or facial tissue or etc. They're so friendly and lovely and I really want to support them. Yes, it's all more expensive than a Home Depot but it's very special. Shop small!!!!!
I keep feeling like I'm 'not in Kansas anymore.' Yesterday, as I was waiting at a stop light, a very large Walmart truck came through the downtown. Is there a Walmart downtown?? No there is not. That would have never happened back in the old homestead. A neighbor of mine had a semi-truck cab parked in front of his house..
My lilacs are already done, sadly. The art group met at the Friendship garden on the river and the peonies are blooming. Exquisite. I've never seen some of the varieties. There are sculptures, water falls, fountains, places to sit and rest. Just lovely.
Guess that's it for now. I don't have much on the docket today, feel a little at loose ends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2024, 06:36 AM   #804  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy May 20, everyone.
Not much to report here. Quiet weekend....I did a little cleaning (did you feel the earth move?). I hate to disturb dust since it makes me sneeze. My daughter and I did a small hike up into Hixon bluff, found some oyster mushrooms, cooked them up for supper, so delicious. I like them better than morels. There was a huge area of wild geraniums that Liz wanted me to see. Gorgeous.
The LaCrosse Queen riverboat is now doing tours of the Mississippi and I love hearing the horn blow. I'm also fairly close to a train track and I enjoy that sound too.
Another thing I found out that I will have to get used to are mayflies. I saw a lot of buzzing around bugs but didn't know what they were. Pretty big insects, kind of fly around like wasps. Liz told me that in certain places around here, people have to shovel them off the driveways, they are so thick. Yikes.
I'm going down to my hometown on Friday for the Memorial weekend service at the WWII monument. This year we are honoring a Menomonee Falls soldier who died in WWI, the great war. Interestingly enough, we found out that a relative of this soldier used my Grandpa Meyer to do his taxes. The relative went to my grandpa's law office, was waiting in the reception room and when Grandpa went to get him, Grandpa found the man dead in the chair. Had a heart attack waiting. Good Lord!!!!!! This was in 1964 and I have no memory of this story. I'm assuming Grandpa still did his taxes. RIP.
I wonder if I'll hear cicadas this weekend. We probably won't hear much here.
Rainy today, we had a quite warm weekend. My grass is very long again.
have a good Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2024, 05:30 PM   #805  
Proud Fan Club Member

Anyone a diehard Karen Carpenter fan? I found a woman on YouTube who sounds just like her! Close your eyes and listen!

https://youtube.com/shorts/XSFfzbU2f...fpNuXwwxOFe8Cs

https://youtube.com/shorts/lzGAhBT-z...L0K-bkIzirqeph

Last edited by muscrat; 05-20-2024 at 05:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2024, 05:39 PM   #806  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm still in mourning for Karen. Pretty amazing.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
muscrat (05-21-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 07:03 PM   #807  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,054 Likes on 1,552 Posts

That is so weird, talking about Karen Carpenter. Because I just was reading the top 20 female singers of the 70s this morning and number 1 was Karen. I was a fan, and that whole business was so sad. Fabulous voice

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (05-21-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 08:07 PM   #808  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,124 Likes on 971 Posts

I would say she's lip syncing.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2024, 05:26 AM   #809  
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, I would have said that too but if you check her channel out, she sings other songs by other artists and still sounds like Karen singing them!

I followed her career back then. I memorized every song, bought every album. Even thought I sounded like her when I sang along, (I was young!)

Sharon, that doesn't surprise me at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2024, 05:41 AM   #810  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I don't think she's lip-syncing, since she doesn't sound exactly like Karen. There are moments I can tell she is not Karen. If there was anyone I would want my voice to sound like, it would be Karen. Karen got me through some tough times in my late teens, early twenties.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by jkanack:
muscrat (05-21-2024), smadson (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 07:13 AM   #811  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,218 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Wow, I am so amazed at her voice!! Beautiful!

Have any of you seen the movie about Karen Carpenter? How people made her think she was heavy! So very sad!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2024, 07:15 AM   #812  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,933 Posts

I remember Karen Carpenter's singing. I also remember her eating disorder. That made us learn all about anorexia and bulimia. As a pre-teen that was a lot to take in.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2024, 07:42 AM   #813  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, her body couldn't handle it anymore and she died of congestive heart failure I think. I have a book called The Carpenters the untold story by Ray Coleman. It has some wonderful pictures in it too. Copyright 1994.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2024, 08:19 AM   #814  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Hmmm, not sure why I've not been on for a few days. I can't seem to make it on weekends, just sometimes. I had a very productive Friday getting the house clean and even getting a new recipe made for Saturday's lunch.

Last Thursday night, DH and I went to see The Fall Guy movie on our date. It was a fun, purely entertainment movie with some fun nods to Lee Majors' role as both the Fall Guy and Six Million Dollar Man.

DD1 was supposed to get home Sunday night just after 10 pm. Unfortunately, her flight from Paris to LA was delayed enough that she wasn't able to make her connecting flight to Sacramento and it was the last flight of the day. So we had to wait until Monday morning before she got home. Thankfully, Delta put her up in a hotel near the airport. It was probably better for DD2 because she had to be at work yesterday morning at 3:00 am so was getting up at 1:20 am and she still planned to go with us to the airport! This way, she got better and more sleep. We did swing by the store for the girls to see each other and hug before heading on home. So, I was super late to work yesterday. Good thing I work at an understanding place!

Jean, there is a wonderful hardware store like that in Placerville. Whenever we go there (it is about an hour away), I always want to go in that store and poke around amazed at the variety of goods they have for sale. I have even found gadgets in there that I wanted but hadn't taken the time to locate a source.

Mayflies - are they true to their name and only out in May? Hopefully!

Kathy, she sounds a lot like Karen Carpenter. There is a radio station out here that plays a LOT of Karen Carpenter Christmas songs at Christmas time so I hear her voice frequently between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I listened to both clips. It reminded me of a bit that Sandi Patty did on a live album that I enjoyed where she talks about wanting to sing just like Karen Carpenter, Barbara Streisand, I can't remember if there was anyone else, maybe Julie Andrews? And she demonstrated singing like them. Great fun, I always loved that bit.

Oops, there goes my alarm. Chat with you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 11:43 AM   #815  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!!

This week's letter is "W"!

Theme is locations!!

Keywords: ABC20, ABC20W23, and your personal keyword

Have fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (05-21-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 07:57 AM   #816  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Did everyone safely ride out the storms in Wisconsin yesterday? I certainly hope so. It is easy to see that we have both girls home when we are gathered in the living room talking and I look over and DH has his ears plugged! They do tend to be a bit loud, especially when excited.

DD2 has decided to pursue being an electrician. In investigating the process, she needs to study for some entry tests. Between that and VBS, her plate is full so she decided to tell her manager that she needs to step down as replenishment manager. She was very nervous about doing this (though she told him from the outset that she would eventually need to do that for school). She told him on Monday. One of her team members, who is a former replenishment manager herself, was still there after DD2 left work on Monday and she told DD2 that her manager talked to her sharing DD2's news and saying that he didn't know what he was going to do because, throughout his entire Michaels career, that team member he was talking to and DD2 have been his best replenishment managers ever. That made DD2 feel really good and made me very proud of her! She took on this role when she was still a teenager and has done such an excellent job. When people talk badly about the young people these days, I think "they aren't all like that!"

Ann, it is funny to me that we both made apple cards but for two different states!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 08:34 AM   #817  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Apples are the State Fruit of Washington, being red ones, West Virginia being yellow ones. Wisconsin's State fruit is cranberries. I was very surprised by that.

My brain is heading to X which may be the most difficult one yet.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 11:22 AM   #818  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder everyone to purchase postage stamps soon!!

July 14, 2024
WASHINGTON, DC — Today, the U. S. Postal Service filed notice with the Postal Regulatory Commission of mailing services price changes to take effect July 14, 2024. The new rates include a 5-cent increase in the price of a First-Class Mail Forever stamp from 68 cents to 73 cents. Letters (1 oz.)
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (05-22-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 08:34 AM   #819  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 298 Likes on 195 Posts

I have never done this challenge, but I see you are near the end of this round. I am posting here because I want to join you in round 21. I figured this way I can catch updates.
😊
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by berlycece:
annsforte3 (05-23-2024), muscrat (05-23-2024), smadson (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 08:43 AM   #820  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yay Kim!!!! Don't know the theme yet. There will be a brand new thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 08:53 AM   #821  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hooray, Kim, so happy you will be joining us for round 21!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2024, 08:58 AM   #822  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kim, you will love this! I have had so much fun creating. Of course, my family is a wealth of ideas for me and that has been so helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 09:20 AM   #823  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm hoping to jump back in, in the next round.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by muscrat:
annsforte3 (05-23-2024), lovinpaper (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 11:19 AM   #824  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,054 Likes on 1,552 Posts

Welcome, Kim!

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 11:25 AM   #825  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

And of course we have the best group of ladies on this thread too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by annsforte3:
muscrat (05-23-2024), smadson (05-23-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 01:22 PM   #826  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Do any of you have a book seat? Been reading a lot and now my hands are acting up from holding the book open. I do have a kindle too but I do like the feel of a real book!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2024, 01:42 PM   #827  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 59 Likes on 14 Posts

Aloha Sisters from another mother💕💕💕
just dropping in to say hiiii!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
muscrat (05-24-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 04:58 PM   #828  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Do any of you have a book seat? Been reading a lot and now my hands are acting up from holding the book open. I do have a kindle too but I do like the feel of a real book!
Ann, I use something like the as seen on tv thing. Can't remember what it's called. But I use it to hold my tablet. I would think you could use a large rubber band to hold it open. I did that to keep my tablet from tipping out in bed. Mine is a bit different though. It may be Walmart brand. It folds open and you can store stuff in it.

Last edited by muscrat; 05-23-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-28-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 09:25 AM   #829  
Proud Fan Club Member

It folds flat and latches closed.

Attached Thumbnails
Round 20 Alphabet Challenge - Dec 13, 2023 thru June 12, 2024 CHAT-img_20240524_132354494.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-28-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 10:03 AM   #830  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning, everyone! Happy Friday! As I type this, the girls and I are hanging out and watching a show before they head down to the church to work on VBS and I will stay home and clean the house. Unusually, I don't already have the laundry going so need to get that going. It was nice to sleep in.

Yesterday, both girls were down at the church. DD2 came after finishing work for the day and DD1 came down with me in the morning. It was nice to have here there during work. Just like old times!

Lisa, you have added to my apple knowledge. Interesting that all three states have names that start with W!

Wow, Ann, 73 cents to mail a first class envelope. So crazy.

Welcome, Kim, glad you are going to join us. This is a fun challenge and wonderful group.

Hi Vickster!

That looks like a nice tablet holder, Kathy. It would seem to work with books too. Ann, when the libraries closed during the pandemic, they got me used to reading ebooks. I prefer real books but if I couldn't get them from the library, then I had to go to other options.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-28-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 10:21 AM   #831  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

The states that lists apples as the state fruit are: New York, Vermont, Washington, and West Virginia. Wisconsin lists Cranberries as their state fruit, even though they grow apples. I was finding it interesting that Washington specifically has red apples as their state fruit, but are a major supplier of green apples. West Virginia lists Golden Delicious Apples as their state fruit.

My X card is complete. I had an idea from my husband and my daughter had the supplies, so I borrowed.

Anne, I hadn't heard of the book seat, so I learned something new. Amazon shows a remote for turning the pages of the book. I think that would be useful when you have an injury that doesn't allow you to turn the pages. I use my Kindles a lot as I can enlarge the font. When my MS hit, it hit my optic nerve and the Kindle became very important to allow me to continue reading. That was a scary time and all is well. I do read a lot during the night when I can't sleep and the Kindle allows me to do that without waking my husband. I used to use a book light angled at the page.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-28-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 11:04 AM   #832  
Proud Fan Club Member

What does the turkey say to the hunter on Thanksgiving morning?

Quack Quack!

Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-28-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 08:02 AM   #833  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Wow, it has been quiet on here. I hope everyone is well.

My washing machine is not. Remember how I said in my last post that I usually have the laundry going first thing Friday morning? Well, when I went to start that, the start thing broke so no laundry got done. DD2 tried to figure out what the problem was but she and her sister were headed to the church to work on VBS and I didn't want her to take too long. DH got home, worked on it, and ordered some parts one of which has already arrived but we are dead in the water until the other part arrives. DD1 starts a house/dog sitting job tomorrow and the home owner said we could bring our laundry over there and do it. I will probably take her up on that!

Memorial Day weekend I do stop and think about all those who didn't make it home in their service of our country. My mom's older brother didn't make it home from WWII and by the time I arrived, he had already become the perfect brother that my mom missed the rest of her life. I'm sure he was wonderful, perfect? I don't think so as he was still human! Still, I'm sorry I never got to meet him and wonder how my mom's life would have been different if he hadn't died.

We mostly worked on VBS prep over the weekend but we did go see The Fall Guy movie last night with the girls. Such a fun movie clearly made just for entertainment. DD1 and I had watched some of the TV show The Fall Guy. Last night I learned there was a time when DD2 had thought becoming a stunt woman would be a good career! She said, "You should be glad this movie didn't come out when I was thinking that or might have pushed me in that direction!"

Lisa, good for you getting your X card done already! I have a loose idea but haven't decided how to make it happen.

Kathy, cute joke! And if the hunter is Mr. Magoo, it would probably even work! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-28-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 11:25 AM   #834  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I am amazed your husband can fix the washing machine. He is a keeper for sure!

I own several kinds of ink pads. I have most of the full size lawn fawn pads, most of the Gina K in cubes and a few full sized pads, then there is the abundance of SU. My Mom was a SU person and had all of the pads, which came to live at my house when she passed away. So, my Gina K Slate ink cube was getting quite dry and I didn't have the reinker. I kept trying to match it to lawn fawn grays, but no match. I finally tried SU Basic Gray and it matches and I have a reinker for it, so I used SU ink on my GKD cube. This is a first for me. I always try to keep my brands separate, but desperation won out. The next cube that is very dry is my Jelly Bean Green from Gina K. I know it doesn't match any lawn fawn green colors, so I will start a search for a match with what I already have available.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-28-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 11:31 AM   #835  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!

This week's letter is "X"!!

Keywords: ABC20X24, ABC20, and your personal keyword if using one!!

Have fun with this one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2024, 11:35 AM   #836  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Glad to hear everyone had a good holiday weekend!

Sorry Catherine about the washing machine, so happy your DH can fix it! A stunt woman, wow, that would have been a fun career, but sort of dangerous too!

Since no moderating for the holiday, I stayed away from SCS for the weekend! Did other things, felt very strange, like I kept forgetting to do something!

It rained here for the better part of the weekend. Saturday was the only nice day!! And of course rain again this afternoon! Son grilled on the indoor grill some fantastic steaks and chicken! Yum, yum! So even with the bad weather it was a good holiday.

Have a fantastic week everyone, can't wait to see your X cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2024, 06:46 AM   #837  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Wednesday! It's a lovely day here, I hope we can get through a day without any rain. My plants are floating in their pots.
My trips to and from Menomonee Falls were constant rain, very difficult to see. I was amazed at all who didn't turn on their lights. I thought that newer cars had lights that turned on automatically. What is so hard about turning on lights so others can see you?? Most of the time, I couldn't see the cars in front of me, too much water spraying up. It was stressful.
Otherwise the weekend was good. Good ceremony at the WWII monument, nice crowd. Unfortunately we always have to play second fiddle to a lot of other activities, like a car show, the festival downtown. Memorial Day is a big party for some folks and it shouldn't be.
Thanks for the reminder of the story of your uncle, Catherine. It is funny how when someone dies, even if they were less than perfect (who of us is perfect?!), they get more perfect as time goes on. Probably an ok thing, to hold onto good memories.
Had a mammogram today. Always have to make sure I'm going to the right facility, this time it was the east building, last time it was the founders building. So confusing. Tomorrow I have my first dental appointment. Hope that goes ok. I think I have TMJ in my right jaw.
Gundersen has to get my old images from my last mammogram so it might be a bit before I know that all is a-ok. I assumed those images were in my records sent over but only the results are there. It could take 30 days for those images to come, not happy about that. The tech said it should happen more quickly.
Was going to go to the art group today but it's half an hour away and I've had some intestinal issues over night. Nothing serious, maybe something didn't agree with me. I don't want to risk driving a half hour and being at someone's house with this going on. Sigh.
Not much else new. Have a good day.
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-29-2024)
Old 05-29-2024, 08:06 AM   #838  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We just got DD1 home and now she is off for a week of house/dog sitting for friends from church. As she hasn't located her summer job yet, this is a good thing. Their house is absolutely lovely - her guest room has an en suite bathroom, the dogs are adorable, and there is a swimming pool that both girls plan to use. Is it warm enough for that? Probably not but they plan to swim anyway!

Last night, DH and I went to a pre-screening of a movie that is coming out in August called Reagan. Yes, it is about Ronald Reagan and stars Dennis Quaid as Reagan. I would say that Quaid did an excellent job of sounding like Reagan and, from certain angles, even looked like him but, from the front, not so much. What we saw isn't the final cut so there is still more editing to be done. I like biographies.

Lisa, that is interesting that Gina K Slate and SU Basic Gray are the "same." I'll be interested to hear if you find a good match for Jelly Bean Green. Are you avoiding just purchasing re-inkers from Gina K? I was noticing that some of my distress ink cubes need some re-inking but I don't have any re-inkers for those at all.

According to package tracking, the other washing machine part should be here Saturday...yay! Then DH needs the time to put it all back together. Yes, I am very fortunate. He can fix almost anything and, if he doesn't already know how (which is a big if), he can usually find info on YouTube.

Ann and Jean, DD2 would tell you to send that rain out here! She is definitely a pluviophile.

Ann, glad you had a good weekend and tasty BBQ anyway.

Jean, I think the new cars have automatic running lights which may not be enough with how hard it can rain out there. I think people don't think about their headlights in rainy conditions because they are thinking that they don't help them see better and don't think about how it helps them be seen better! It is the law in CA to turn on headlights in rain or snow but people still forget to do that. Usually, however, our rain isn't as hard as what happens back east so it isn't quite so bad.

Oh no about the TMJ. Do you have a bite guard? And I hope your records get there more quickly than 30 days!
Reply With Quote Likes
annsforte3 (05-29-2024)
Old 05-29-2024, 08:20 AM   #839  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, how wonderful that your daughter is a trusted house sitter! So rare to find someone! And way to go that she gets to use the pool!!

That's the one thing we do not have is a trusted person to watch our pups if we are not able to be around. Always have to have one of the guys here for them. Well first of all they are way too strong for must people, they would pull a smaller person down, just in their nature.

Jean, yuck to all those appointments! Necessary evils in life!

Just cut up a watermelon and man is it tasty!! I so love stuff!! Anyone else eating it already this summer?

Off to get some work done, maybe tackle another genealogy book! Takes so much time to make sure I have all the info recorded. It's the information from the Mormon church that I scan so not to loose from all of my research. But I need to stay at it! Of course then I'll have more room for craft items once this stuff is all out of my space! LOL!

Have a good day everyone!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2024, 08:50 AM   #840  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Lisa, that is interesting that Gina K Slate and SU Basic Gray are the "same." I'll be interested to hear if you find a good match for Jelly Bean Green. Are you avoiding just purchasing re-inkers from Gina K? I was noticing that some of my distress ink cubes need some re-inking but I don't have any re-inkers for those at all.
I LOVE Gina K. That is the problem. I will spend way too much money and I am spent out. For our entire marriage, we have each gotten an allowance with each paycheck. I used to get it in cash and spend when I needed to and always knew how much I had. In recent years (well like the last 15 years) we stopped taking cash and just kept track. Now, my husband has a spreadsheet that has everyone's money on it. Mine has no money because I spend. I am trying but something always needs to be purchased. Lately it has been Lawn Fawn, as I have dived into their stitching dies and I have full set syndrome.

I have made notes in the past that SU Pear Pizazz was a match for GKD Jelly Bean Green. I need to find the papers and see how close they are as I do have paper in each color. If they are close, then I will look for the ink refill for Pear Pizazz. I have many greens that I substitute since my Jelly Bean is very dry and doesn't even ink in the proper color anymore. I could just cave one month and order a new pad and make sure to get the ink refill this time.
Reply With Quote Likes